sks-devel

[Sks-devel] A status page request

From: Kiss Gabor (Bitman)
Subject: [Sks-devel] A status page request
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:57:20 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Kristian,

On page https://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/keys.niif.hu
I can always see a few peers of mine with "Latest status: Not OK".

Actually some of them works perfectly but they are just not in
the pool for some reasons. (E.g. no reverse proxy)

But who cares with pool membership at this point?

This oversight page would be more helpful if I could
see quickly which peer needs more attention from me.
I.e. "Not OK" means for me: not responding, or other
catastrophic failure that blocks gossiping.
Old SKS version etc. is quite OK and I'm happy to
exchange data with non pool members. "Not OK" status
in case of these peers is a bit misleading.

If you can't refine evaluation method of "Latest status" field,
at least change column header to "Pool membership" please. :-)

Regards

Gabor