sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Question for other load-balanced SKS operators

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: [Sks-devel] Question for other load-balanced SKS operators
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 13:07:14 -0400

    So with the impending 1.1.6 Debian package being available I was taking another look at my server configuration. I found that one of my 3 nodes had gone brain dead but thanks to the cluster config it wasn't even noticed. I was going to take this time and rebuild the nodes to upgrade to 1.1.6 and increase drive resources as the DB has grown since I first deployed them. This also seemed like a good idea to revisit the configuration and see if it was optimal.

    I'm curious to hear from the other server operators who have load-balanced nodes how they have them configured to compare against my own configuration. I think when I deployed my cluster I believe Kristian was one, if not the only other, load-balanced server operators.

    A few things of interest, but feel free to include anything you have that I've not mentioned that you think improves your setup.

  1. Apache & NGINX choice and config
  2. SKS membership gossip config
  3. Number of nodes  and resources per each (CPU/RAM/HDD)

    Regards,

    Jeremy