sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Maintenance on sks.neel.ch

From: Tobias Frei
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Maintenance on sks.neel.ch
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:06:57 +0000

Hi :)

About these short maintenance emails, I've always wondered... no offense, but what is the use of this information? If one of my many peer servers does not respond, and it's not for many days or months, where is the problem? It could be an unexpected downtime as well as a scheduled maintenance - the other SKS servers won't have a problem with it, would they? :)

I personally do not care about temporary maintenance notifications of SKS servers. I'm not a professional administrator, but what are the others doing? Monitoring all their peers 24/7 and receiving emergency e-mails when one of the SKS peers goes down for an hour? What for?

Will the e-mail cause the server to be taken out of the pool for an hour? That's the only reason I could think of, and if that's it, notifying the pool admin would be sufficient?

Best regards
Tobias Frei