sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Implications of GDPR

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Implications of GDPR
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 09:35:11 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm thinking the problem is much simpler than its being made out to be.
> For the data to have got in to the SKS system the user must push it
> there. Its not like we are gathering the data in the background like FB

Actually anybody can send in your name and e-mail address (with a fake key
of course).

> or Google, so its the users responsibility control the data and delete
> it if needed.

IMHO the current form of key servers won't survive the GDPR.
We have to destroy it then to rebuild from scratch.

My suggestion a key server should accept keys only with a special
ID record:
"This is a public information as written on http://gdpr.example.com";
or so. That is signed by owner. Whose identity is verified by someone else.
So key server is a toy for the strong set only. At least in the first
few years.

Gabor