sks-devel

[Sks-devel] sks-peer.spodhuis.org: 2nd migration imminent

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: [Sks-devel] sks-peer.spodhuis.org: 2nd migration imminent
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 02:46:46 -0400

Folks,

Rather than wait to get hit with GPDR stuff to do with running a
keyserver, I'm doing the saner thing, as an American: I'm moving my
instance to the USA, so that it is not in EU jurisdiction.  It's a free
service, provided as a public good, and it's not worth the risk to me.

If there's anyone who would like to de-peer, please let me know.
Otherwise, tomorrow evening (I think) I'll uncomment the membership
entries on the new host and repoint spodhuis.org DNS, then take down the
old instance a bit later (after a DNS TTL or so).

The new instance can currently be reached at:
  http://sks-ohio.pennock.tech:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats
but it will "be" sks-peer.spodhuis.org/sks.spodhuis.org for continuity.
It's running in AWS, us-east-2 (Ohio), from AMIs built under my control,
same as the sks-paris instance (but a little more automated).

sks-ohio should be fully up-to-date before anyone else peers with
it; I snapshotted the /srv/sks EBS volume from sks-paris, copied it to
us-east-2, and used it as /srv/sks on the new server after modifying
only membership and sksconf; sks-paris and sks-ohio are peering with
each other and exchanging keys fine.  If any problems crop up, I'll
delay peering with anyone else while I fix those problems.

Regards,
-Phil