solang-devel

[Solang-devel] Solang 0.2 released

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: [Solang-devel] Solang 0.2 released
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 11:03:48 +0530

We are glad to announce the release of Solang 0.2.

Solang is a photo manager for GNOME and this release contains several new
features and improvements.

* Pagination bar and zoomer for the browser renderer.

* Support for zooming within the enlarged renderer.

* UI elements for navigating within the browser renderer -- previous
  page, next page, first page and last page.

* Added a new non-deletable "All Photos" tag.

* Queue based object deletion framework. Ability to delete tags and
  remove them from selected photos.

* Flickr importer to import photos from Flickr.

* Editor infrastructure. A new editor renderer; and support for
  rotation, flipping, and undo, redo of operations.

* Various improvements to the importer dialog, importer, progress
  dialog and progress observer.

* New dependencies on Flickcurl, LibSoup and WebKit Gtk+.

* Ported to Exiv2 version 0.18.

We would like to express our special thanks to Andrea Colangelo and Hicham
Haouari for their reports, and efforts in getting Solang packaged for Ubuntu
and Fedora respectively.

For more information on Solang, including links to file downloads, please see
the project page http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/solang.

Please email bugs or suggestions to <address@hidden>.

Here are the compressed sources:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/solang/Solang-0.2.tar.gz
http://rishi.fedorapeople.org/solang/Solang-0.2.tar.gz

Here are the GPG detached signatures[*]:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/solang/Solang-0.2.tar.gz.sig
http://rishi.fedorapeople.org/solang/Solang-0.2.tar.gz.sig

[*] You can use the signature file to verify that the corresponding file
(without the .sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig
file and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:

 gpg --verify Solang-0.2.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then download the project keyring from
http://sv.nongnu.org/project/memberlist-gpgkeys.php?group=solang&download=1
and run this command to import it:

 gpg --import solang-keyring.gpg

and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.

--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.