solang-devel

[Solang-devel] New archiving code

From: Debarshi Ray
Subject: [Solang-devel] New archiving code
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 04:20:56 +0200

I just pushed a change to improve our archiving functionality while
exporting photos (see Export -> Folder). The 'git log' entry is as
follows:

----

Basic ArchiveMaker for creating archives

Spawning file-roller for creating archives is sub-optimal. The photos
need to be copied to a directory and then the directory has to be
archived. Instead we can directly put the photos in the archive and
avoid copying them.

The ArchiveMaker is stateless and provides an asynchronous way of
creating an archive from a list of photos. Currently it only creates
ZIP archives, but other formats can be easily added.

A new dependency has been introduced on libarchive.

----

Go break it.

Please note that you will need libarchive 2.8.x. The earlier versions
had a trivial bug which prevented creation of ZIP archives. They do
not provide a .pc file which makes it difficult to check the version.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.