spamass-milt-list

Patch #1364 - Pass the full email address to spamc

From: Joe Oppegaard
Subject: Patch #1364 - Pass the full email address to spamc
Date: 04 Apr 2003 17:40:04 -0800

Hello,

I use MySQL to store user preferences for SA. The majority of the users
I forward mail to don't have spools on my server. (I use sendmail's
virtual user table to forward email for the domains hosted on my servers
to the users regular email address.)

To set that up straight forwardly, I wanted to have spamass-milter pass
along the full email address, not just the username, of the incoming
email to spamc. Now I could have the username in MySQL be their full
email address. I wanted this for simplicity's sake, and in case there
are duplicate usernames at different domains I'm forwarding to.

I posted the patch, it's number #1364. It adds another command line
option (-e) which will pass along the full email address to spamc
instead of just the username.

Anyways, hope someone finds it useful. :)

--
Joe Oppegaard
@Motion, Inc.