spamass-milt-list

Re: MX Question

From: Steve Cowles
Subject: Re: MX Question
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:23:17 -0500 (CDT)

> Greetings,
>
> Is anyone aware of a way to skip the SpamAssassin checks if you're not the
> primary MX for a domain?  If the message is bound for my domain,
> everything works great, but spam also gets tagged for the few domains
> I'm a secondary MX for...
>
> Suggestions?

I had the same problem. SA's "whitelist *" features worked if the e-mail
was addressed "To:" a specific person in the backup domain, but list
server type addressing did not work well. Unfortunately, I was also unable
to find a viable sendmail/spamass-milter solution. Although using
mimedefang as the milter did work.

My final solution was to switch to using postfix as my MTA. Postfix
nativly supports calling spamassassin (filters as they call it) based on a
domain name.

Steve Cowles