spamass-milt-list

Re: spamass-milter flags, where to include?

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: spamass-milter flags, where to include?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:46:01 -0500

In the last episode (May 14), Mooky Mooksgill said:
> I want to use the flag -r 15 for spamass-milter (to drop spam over a
> certain threshold).
>
> Where should I include the flag?
>
> I'm not sure how spamass-milter is invoked, it's either via sendmail's conf
> or the
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/spamass-milter.sh start script, or ???

Put it in spamass-milter.sh. The daemon gets started from that, and it
communicates to sendmail via a socket.  They don't even have to be on
the same machine.

> Where does the rejected spam go?

Nowhere.  Instead of returning a "250 Message accepted for delivery",
sendmail returns "550 5.7.1 Blocked by SpamAssassin".  If the sending
process was also an MTA, it will generate a bounce message.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden