spamass-milt-list

-r & -b options combined

From: Ronan Waide
Subject: -r & -b options combined
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:44:20 +0000

Hi,

I just switched on the -r option on spamass-milter in combination with
-b and I'm slightly dismayed to discover that this means I get a copy
of all the rejected spam as well as the "> spam, < spam-threshold"
mail. I'd kinda expected that 'reject mail' wouldn't go any further
than the SMTP 500 message - after all, if it's legitimate mail, the
sender will get a notice saying their mail has been rejected, so I
don't see that there's a huge benefit to keeping a copy of it
around. As such, I'd propose an additional -R option (since I don't
want to suggest that people who actually want this behaviour be
disadvantaged) which does what I wanted, which is that rejected mail
gets rejected outright regardless of the presence of a spambucket.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
address@hidden / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
 regular expressions".  Now they have two problems." - jwz