spamass-milt-list

Question about spam sent to non-user.

From: Steven W. Orr
Subject: Question about spam sent to non-user.
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:05:56 -0500 (EST)

All the mail that comes to the few users on my system is going through SA just fine. I happen to also be using sendmail and spamass-milter and the milter is set to reject mail before reception completes if SA says so.

I also run a few mailinglists. My problem is that I get a regular stream of mail that is sent to some of the mailinglist addresses, which of course are aliases which pipe through the listmanager. But the spam that is bound for an alias does not go through SA.

So here's my question: Am I going to get a benefit or detriment if I create users whose names are equal to the aliases of the mailinglists for the purpose of passing the messages through SA?

Does this make sense?

steveo at syslang.net