spamass-milt-list

Announce: milter_watch-0.6

From: Damian Menscher
Subject: Announce: milter_watch-0.6
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 19:38:12 -0700

I am pleased to announce a new release of milter_watch, a utility
designed to run out of cron to verify the correct functionality of
spam- and virus-filtering milters (so they can be automatically
restarted if they misbehave).  Current users should read the
documentation (milter_watch -h) for changes since the previous
version.  In particular, I've inverted the response codes so it will
return 0 if the milter is functioning properly.

Version 0.6 is primarily being released for compatibility with the
latest version of clamav-milter.  There have also been some minor code
cleanups.  I'm working on a version 0.7 that will include further code
cleanups and more realistic testing of spam milters (by adding more
headers).

As always, milter_watch is open source software, and is available for
download from
   http://www.itg.uiuc.edu/itg_software/milter_watch/

Bug reports and feature requests (preferably with patches) may be sent
directly to me.

Damian Menscher
--
http://www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/