spamass-milt-list

Whitelisting authenicated users

From: Andrew Daviel
Subject: Whitelisting authenicated users
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:34:02 -0700 (PDT)

We allow users to relay mail from offsite, provided they authenticate and use TLS. However, if they connect from home their mail to users onsite may get tagged by SpamAssassin as coming from a dynamically allocated address. Certainly, they won't get whitelisted as they would if connecting at work or at one of our partners.

I'd like to whitelist mail from users who have authenticated to our mailserver. sendmail notes this in syslog, but does not add it to a Received header (as postfix seems to). Verify=YES seems to refer to a successful certificate check in TLS, not to authentication.

I have been able to add a simple check in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
to add some -ve score for /Authenticated sender:.*by foobar.example.com/
for postfix-relayed mail
(OK, it's easily forgable, but this isn't granting access, just tweaking scores)
I'd like to do the same in sendmail

I see that sendmail does make the authenticated username available in ${auth_authen} which I presume could be passed to milters in MILTER_MACROS_ENVRCPT. So this should all be doable.

I wondered if anyone has done it already, or knows how to do it without rebuilding spamass-milter.

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)