spamass-milt-list

GOSSiP feature contemplation

From: Todd Lyons
Subject: GOSSiP feature contemplation
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:30:55 -0800

One of the things that I have done on half of my system (the half
running exim) is implement a sender reputation system using GOSSiP.
It was very easy, I submit a reputation score (ham, neutral, or spam)
for an ip:domain tuple and the GOSSiP system tracks it all and
generates statistical reputations based on that feedback.  For exim it
was very simple because I have access to the spam score at any time I
need it.  The rest of my system uses sendmail, and in sendmail,
however, it's a different story.  Two milters cannot share
information, at least not in a way I could figure out.

Rather than try to get spamass-milter's results to be
available/visible to a second milter that I would write, I would like
to see this GOSSiP support in spamass-milter.  I do not have the c++
fu to do it all by myself, so I will ask questions of those around me
in IRC.  It's also going to be in my free time so I can't even begin
to guess on a timeframe to even get something that _barely_ works.  If
ever.

At any rate, just serving up a notice that I plan on working on this.
If this is something you'd be interested in, that's great.  If not,
then I guess I'll just have to maintain my own patch for it.  Thank
god for git. :-)

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and