speechd-discuss

Re: [Speechd] espeak-ng rate control

From: Alex ARNAUD
Subject: Re: [Speechd] espeak-ng rate control
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 08:54:03 +0100

Le 31/01/2019 à 20:32, Vojtěch Polášek a écrit :
I have a problem with setting rate of espeak-ng with Orca. I try to get
very high speech rate- I am editing
~/.config/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-ng.conf. I tried to play with
minimum, normal and max values and I have set them to insane numbers
(max 600, medium 500, miimum 400) for example and the rate is still not
fast as with regular Espeak I used before. Is that expected?

Also with such high rates, changing speech rate in Orca has totally no
effect.

Do you mean that editing rate from Orca no longer works after such configuration and works before?

Is this expected? Any experience with this configuration?

Is it something happened with 0.9 or do you encountered this on 0.8 too? Does the same configuration works with the old Espeak ?

Such details are really important for us to determine if it's a regression or maybe an issue on the espeak-ng module or into espeak-ng itself.

Best regards,
Alex.