speechd-discuss

Re: [Speechd] Configuring speech dispatcher

From: Pranav Lal
Subject: Re: [Speechd] Configuring speech dispatcher
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 07:19:53 +0530

Hi Didier,

The problem right now is that spd-say does not speak anything irrespective of
what method I choose. If I run espeak on the commandline, I get speech output.

I am not getting any logs to troubleshoot this. What should be my output
method? I have both pulse and alsa up on the pi. I have tried oss, libao, pulse
and alsa without success.

I want to be able to use fenrir and orca on the pi. However, I am stuck because
spd-say does not speak.
Pranav