stow-devel

Re: [Stow-devel] [Info-stow] GNU Stow 2.2.0 released

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Stow-devel] [Info-stow] GNU Stow 2.2.0 released
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 14:01:42 +0000

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Adam Spiers <address@hidden> wrote:
> --------- 8< --------- 8< --------- 8< --------- 8< --------- 8< ---------
> * Changes in version 2.2.0
>
> ** New --no-folding option
>
>   Disables folding of newly stowed directories when stowing, and
>   refolding of newly foldable directories when unstowing.

I have just extended Stow so that folding can also be disabled on a
per-package basis by placing a .no-stow-folding file in the top level
directory of a stow package's installation image.  Code is available
in this 'no-folding-per-pkg' branch:

    http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/stow.git/log/?h=no-folding-per-pkg

I have written test cases and documentation, but peer review would be
greatly appreciated :-)  I intend to release this feature in 2.2.1.

Cheers,
Adam