straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] about 0.20, 0.21

From: Jan Alonzo
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] about 0.20, 0.21
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:52:21 +1100

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 11:15, Juri Pakaste wrote:
> Right, so 0.20 has been released, as you might have noticed.

Hooray!

> About 0.21: In the UI, I'm going to go back to Scott's changes and see
> how I like them (I never got to try them out myself in the rush to get
> 0.20 out.) In the code there are two things I'll try to focus on (we'll
> see how much I actually get done): categories and refactoring the code.
> Possibly in the other order. I want to get rid of some of the dependency
> loops and other messes.

I agree. I just want to suggest if we can separate the above into
releases instead of putting them all into one release. The reason being
is that some feature might take a while to implement/test and the more
we release, the more we get more people to get involved and in the
project.

Having said that, doesn't mean that we can't develop in parallel. If
some feature is not there yet, we can release what we have *now*, and
hopefully try to get that feature in the next release.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

--
  .''`.   Jan Alonzo    <jmalonzo at spaceants dot org>
 : :' :         "A coincidence is a scientific anomaly"