straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] straw-0.21.2 release

From: Alastair Tse
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] straw-0.21.2 release
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:00:58 +0000

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 04:58, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> > > 3. Since 0.21.x, I've been unable to open two older ~/.straw/config from
> > > 0.18 and one from 0.20. Is there supposed to be compatibility between
> > > releases? If so, I'll report a bug on savannah.
> > >

> When GConf was introduced, straw migrates the old settings (which was in
> 'config' then) to GConf and delete those references afterwards. What
> that means is that you can't go back from post-GConf to pre-GConf.
>
> As for 0.21, we did a bit of refactoring there and it might've broked
> some stuff.

Ah I see. I might poke around the code a bit to see why it is happening.
There have been one or two users who reported this with 0.21.1 so I
would like to have a go at fixing this, since I've got backups of my old
config to try out.

> > It works perfect here with 2.3.. I had to create the patches for this,
> > which can be found over at
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/net/straw/files/.
>
> Oh thanks mezz. I admit i'm not familiar with Makefiles so this helps a
> lot! Thanks.

Thanks, I have some similar patches to the Makefiles for Gentoo, albeit
a little more unreadable :)

Thanks,
--
Alastair 'liquidx' Tse