straw-devel

[Straw-devel] opml export

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: [Straw-devel] opml export
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:48:28 +0300

I've usually disregarded pleas to make the OPML export thing do
something fancy like line breaking, not to mention indenting, of the
results. However, I just did an export and tried to edit the result,
which was a file almost 20 kilobytes in size. All on the same line, of
course (not counting the XML declaration.)

I'm not sure if pandering to lesser editors is a reason enough to do
something about the feature, but it was totally impossible to edit it
using gvim or gedit. Apparently some people think that implementing an
editor as a linked list of lines is a good idea. Emacs coped with it
without any fuss, of course, but not everyone is using Emacs. Not even
me when needing to do something small and quick.

So, if someone feels like tidying OPML.py's output, please do. If not, I
might do it myself at some point when I'm bored.

(A status update, if someone's interested: the OPML polling is coming
along, although I've thus far spent most of the time hacking the
preferences dialog and some machinery to better deal with saving changes
to the contents of widgets.)

--
[ Juri Pakaste | address@hidden | http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]