straw-devel

[Straw-devel] straw permission problems??

From: Jonathon Jongsma
Subject: [Straw-devel] straw permission problems??
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 12:52:16 -0500

Hi,  I've been using straw for quite a while and i think it's a great
program.  Just recently I installed a machine with Fedora Core 2 and
then installed Straw.  It starts up fine and everything looks good,
except when I run it without root permissions it doesn't seem to be able
to save any of the data that it downloads, so every feed says "No data
yet, need to poll first" when I click on it.  When I run it as root,
however, all of the feeds update correctly.  I've looked in my .straw
directory, etc. and I can't figure out where the problem is.  Is there a
way that I can run straw so that it outputs extra debugging info to the
command line so that I can see what the problem is?

thanks
--
jonathon jongsma