straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] More 0.24 problems

From: Juri Pakaste
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] More 0.24 problems
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:02:18 +0300

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 10:40 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> Juri Pakaste wrote:
> > This can be a pygtk problem, or a Straw problem. Straw tries importing
> > gconf before importing pygtk and doing the pygtk.require("2.0") thing,
> > so this might be caused by that. Please try adding these lines to the
> > top of /usr/bin/straw (well, to the same place where there's the import
> > signal, import os etc stuff):
>
> IIRC, gconf is installed into the gtk-2.0 directory so the
> pygtk.require() line should be before the import gconf line.

Yeah, that was what I meant - I think we had the import/require combo in
a few places before, in a not very organized fashion. Jan removed them
from many places, with the apparent result that it's not done at all
before the first time Config tries to import gconf. Adding those lines
to /usr/bin/straw should ensure that the right stuff is in sys.path
before Straw tries to import any of the pygtk modules.

--
[ Juri Pakaste | address@hidden | http://www.iki.fi/juri/ ]