Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso on OS X

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Traverso on OS X
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 12:30:18 +0200

Hey Nicola!

> As a proud owner of a brand new Macbook

Ohhhh, cool, congratulations!!

> I immediately had to check if
> Traverso compiles on OS X. After manually compiling a whole bunch of libs,
> Traverso compiled with only some minor tweaks, including portaudio and
> slv2.

Impressive!
Just in case you didn't notice, slv2 code is imported in traverso now, so you
only need it's dependencies installed...(librdf, librasqal)

> Importing wave files doesn't work yet,

Hmmm, any message why it doesn't work ?
Current cvs uses QString -> char* with utf8 conversion, maybe this has
something to do with it not sure.
You could try to see if changing it back (MonoReader.cpp line 98) to toAscii()
makes any difference.

> and loading the port audio
> driver crashes the whole system, so I can't actually do anything with it,

That's bad...
Does the Jack driver work ?
But it would be nice if we can get the portaudio driver with coreaudio to
work....

> but I was nevertheless surprised that it took so little effort.

Yeah, nice! But it has allready been ported once to this platform, and not
much has changed, that is for platform specific things...

The screenshot looks fabulous, thanks!

Hopefully we can get the remaining issues sorted out, no sound and no audio
import working is hum, a 'minor' issue for Traverso :D

Greetings,