Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: Traverso MacOSX/ppc build

From: David
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: Traverso MacOSX/ppc build
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:43:08 -0700

> If you happen to have some time, Nicola would be full of joy if you can
> maintain a ppc binary :D

OH YEAH! That would be great!

Sure, I'd be happy too.  I'll try pulling down from CVS soon and see
if I can setup a daily cron to build from there.  Does savannah have a
build farm like sf.net?

Btw., David, did you see how I integrated cdrdao? The binary must be in the
same location as the traverso binary, inside the traverso.app bundle. That's
all, this is the location where traverso looks for it (using a relative path,
so it's independent of the name and location of the bundle). I just hope that
cdrdao really doesn't have any further dependencies.

I should have set it up the same way.  I basically followed through
the deploy-osx.sh script and only adjusted things to match my local
paths.

Here's the versions I used for the build:

gcc-4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)
qt-4.2.3
cdrdao-1.2.2
fftw-3.1.2
gettext-0.16.1
glib-2.12.12
portaudio-v19-2006 (compiled w/ Jack OSX version 0.74* http://www.jackosx.com/)
redland-1.0.6 (librdf/raptor/rasqal)
libsamplerate-0.1.2
libsndfile-1.0.17

(*Note: "JackPilot->About Jack" reports Jack Server v0.101.3.  It's
possible that they haven't updated the website, since I don't see 0.74
mentioned anywhere aside from the download page)

It would be nice if you could let me (us) know if it compiled well, and if
traverso runs well on OS X/PPC. If you have OS X related questions, don't
hesitate to e-mail me, use the traverso devel mailing list, or use the forum on
the Traverso website. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
Nicola

It seems to run well so far.  I've just barely had a chance to test it
out, but the fft window, import wavs and saving projects seems to be
working just fine.

I've attached a diff of the changes I made to compile it.
Basically, I had to comment out the slv2_world_load_path call that was
hidden away inside of an #if defined(Q_WS_MAC) (in PluginManager.cpp).

qApp wasn't in scope so if that was to stay in we'd have to possibly
#include <qapplication.h>.  I did try that but gcc then said that
slv2_world_load_path wasn't in scope, so I figured I'd come back to it
once I had a chance to ask you guys about it.

--
   David