[Traverso-devel] CD Export a 2nd time Bug

From: ben levitt
Subject: [Traverso-devel] CD Export a 2nd time Bug
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:05:31 -0700

So I'm part way through fixing this bug and realized that I'm going
about it wrong.  Whatever we do with checking an exportSpec to see if
it needs re-rendering, will still only be good during the current
session, and only for the last-burned sheet.

What if you burn one sheet, then burn the 2nd, then you want to burn
the first again?  No need to re-render, but it'll try to make you do
it.

I think a better solution would be:

- While exporting, export to a temp filename (but in the real export
directory) like RealFileName.partial

- When done exporting, move RealFileName.partial to RealFileName.

- When burning, look for RealFileName.  If it exists, offer to use
it, otherwise just start rendering.  This way we won't use partial,
canceled renders.

Future extensions:

- When rendering, include the options in the filename (like
RealFileName.norm.wav if normalization was used from the export
dialog)  That way, if the user changes the options, we'll force a
re-render.

- Include in the sheet a revision number that gets incremented with
each command that gets executed.  Include the revision number in the
rendered filename (or in the wav header?).  Now we know whether the
file has changed since last full render, and can answer the question
ourselves!

What do you think?

Ben