Re: [Traverso-devel] Where to get the GIT source?

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Where to get the GIT source?
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:31:08 +0100

On Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:10:03 pm you wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 9:04 PM, Remon Sijrier <address@hidden>wrote:
> > What would be the nature of those patches?
>
> I don't know yet, I'll see what I can do...

OK

> the world needs a good
> open-source DAW :)

Hehe, agreed :D

I'd say, start with something relatively easy to get used to the code
structure, how things work in Traverso and get the general design concept.

A suggestion for you to work on: Custom Track background colors.

Add a new button to the Track Manager dialog (using qt's designer) named
'track color' or just 'color' and make it show Qt's color selection dialog
when clicked() (example code can be found in the thememodifierdialog).
The selected color will then become the tracks background color, overriding
the default theme color.
Once that works, make it so that this custom color is stored in the
project.tpf file, and restored on project load.

This way you'll learn a bit about how Traverso deals with GUI and data (core)
separation, how the GUI reacts on data changes (signals and slots), and how
this data is (re)stored.

My preferred code editor is QtCreator, it has the designer component nicely
integrated.

If you have any question or difficulties understanding how things work, don't
hesitate to ask.

You can send the patches to me directly for evaluation, even if it's only
partially finished, and you want feedback on it.

Thanks and looking forward to your work!