vhdl-posix-general

Re: vhdl-posix-0.1 has been uploaded.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: vhdl-posix-0.1 has been uploaded.
Date: 07 Dec 2001 17:28:38 +0100

Colin Marquardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I could try it with NCVHDL. What information would be needed to
> support it?

A reference manual of its foreign function interface, i.e., a good
description of how to access functions written in C and how to convert
values between C and VHDL types.

> I cannot really work on code, but maybe gather some freely
> accessible information.

That would help, but I'm afraid it will not work if I try to write
code without having access to NCVHDL to test it.

> BTW, the C sources use // as comment characters which is a Bad Thing
> for portability (not every platform has a C99 compiler or gcc
> available).

Yes, thanks.  I do this every time...