watt-dev

Re: [Watt-dev] A cross-language spec for WATT

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Watt-dev] A cross-language spec for WATT
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:15:36 +0100

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 03:36:52PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> There now follows modest proposal expanding the scope of WATT to
> provide a general specification for application tracing toolkits,
> across any language. There are some attached files giving examples
> of the file formats, and a couple of diagrams. Finally I've also
> attached a proof-of-concept implementation for Perl.

So, either you are stunned in silence from its sheer brilliant, so the
idea is soo laden with crack its not worthy of reply ;-) Assuming the
former, it'd be cool to some of the stuff into the project repository.
I'm thinking

  * Formalize the notes from my previous into a real spec
    (in docbook ?) and add it to the project website.
  * Add the prototype Perl implementation to CVS and make it
    actually follow the spec.
  * Consider/plan what extensions are needed for the Java to let
    it implement the spec.

Dan.
|=-   address@hidden  -  Daniel Berrange  -  address@hidden    -=|