watt-dev

Re: [Watt-dev] A cross-language spec for WATT

From: David Lutterkort
Subject: Re: [Watt-dev] A cross-language spec for WATT
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:37:23 -0700

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 13:15, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> So, either you are stunned in silence from its sheer brilliant, so the
> idea is soo laden with crack its not worthy of reply ;-) Assuming the
> former

Assumption is correct ;)

>   * Formalize the notes from my previous into a real spec
>     (in docbook ?) and add it to the project website.

HTML should do for now. For the XML file format, we probably want to
have a DTD/XML schema/any kind of more formal format definition.

>   * Add the prototype Perl implementation to CVS and make it
>     actually follow the spec.

Yep, sounds good. I want to spend some time this weekend trying to get
the Java code to write XML files that are somewhat close to the spec.

>   * Consider/plan what extensions are needed for the Java to let
>     it implement the spec.

Will start looking into that this w/e.

David