web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Tues. 10-19-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Tues. 10-19-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:29:37 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL     TUESDAY OCTOBER 19, 2004
(Titus 3:1)

***A CALL TO PRAYER!  In 2000, Liveprayer mobilized over 1.5 million people
to pray for the elections and that God would allow to rise to power men and
women who would follow His heart.  Over 3 million prayed and fasted 40 days
for our nation and its leaders earlier this year.  I am calling on everyone
who is part of the Liveprayer family to pray and fast as led during these
next two weeks that God will bring men and women into office who will uphold
Biblical standards as they lead our nation.  May we repent of our gross
wickedness, turn from our sins, and once again turn back to God before He
completely removes His hand of blessing from our land and we suffer His
wrath.

***THE WEDNESDAY DEVOTIONAL will help you defend being a Christian in a
nation and world that rejects the truth of the Bible and Jesus Christ.  Can
you be a Christian and support war?  Is abortion really murdering babies?
Why should anyone care if two people of the same sex marry?  Was the Bible
really written by men?  Are those who follow Christ simply weak and need a
crutch to get through life?  Don't miss this powerful Devotional
Wednesday!!!

Being a Godly citizen.  Even though most who read this Devotional are in the
United States, the country you live in doesn't matter.  One of our
responsibilities as a child of God is to be a Godly citizen of the country
we live in.  This is accomplished primarily by obeying the laws and honoring
those God has placed in leadership.  Here are many scripture references that
support this: Ecclesiastes 8:2, Matthew 17;27, Matthew 22:21, Romans 13:1, 1
Peter 2:13, 1 Peter 2:14, 1 Peter 2:17, Ezra 7:26, Exodus 22:38,
Ecclesiastes 10:20, Acts 23:5, Proverbs 14:34.

For those of us fortunate enough to live in the United Sates or in other
democratic countries, we also have the ability to have our voice heard
through our vote.  Let me just say this.  Voting is an incredible right we
have, and it should not be taken lightly.  It is one way we can make our
voice heard, and at the same time be the Godly citizens we are called to be.
If you are not registered to vote, get registered and vote!

One of our most powerful ways to be a Godly citizen is through prayer.  Pray
for your country.  Pray for your leaders.  Pray for God to bless your
nation.  Also, pray about those things that need to be changed.  In the US
for instance, we have an incredible problem with abortion, divorce,
upholding God's plan for marriage and family, and how incredibly easy it is
to access any sin you can name.  As you know, my stance on social change is
by changing people through faith in Jesus Christ, one heart at a time.

There is a certain amount that can be done politically on these social
issues, and we must try, but real change can only come from God.  A great
example was the Prohibition era.  Making it unlawful to drink didn't even
slow down alcohol consumption.  A great modern day example is the illegal
drug crisis we are in.  The fact that they are illegal is little deterrent
to those who want to use drugs.  Again, real change comes one heart at a
time.  The prayers of God's people work!

Another way that you can be a Godly citizen is through getting involved in
the political process.  In a democracy like we have in the United States, it
invites people to participate.  It gives those so led the opportunity to
give of themselves to help their fellow citizens.  Like everything else in
this world, sin has perverted the true meaning of public service.  In its
purist form, it is an act of service.  Unfortunately, it has deteriorated
into a way for many to get rich, acquire power, and fulfill self-serving
interests at the expense of the people they are supposed to be serving.

However, being involved with pure motives can be an incredible way in which
to not only serve your fellow citizens, but God as well.  Not just as
someone who holds public office, but those many, many dedicated people it
takes in support positions.  I am asked often if Christians should be
involved in politics.  ABSOLUTELY!  The Bible calls us to be good citizens
of the nation we live in.  We not only should be involved in politics, we
MUST be if we want our voice heard and our beliefs known.  Since the
political system determines much of the daily life in a nation, it is
imperative that men and women of God be active participants in politics
locally, as well as at the state and national levels.

So the big question many are struggling with is who to vote for in the
upcoming elections.  Let me give you these guidelines to help you today.
There are many key spiritual issues that our nation is battling with that
are also key political issues.  Abortion and marriage are the two biggest
ones.  We also have pressing spiritual/political issues like how we deal
with the nation of Israel, gambling, and pornography.  In addition, most
every political issue has a spiritual element to it.

It is the Bible that is our final authority in ALL matters.  God's Word, and
God's Word alone represents absolute truth.  When we are faced with the
spiritual/political issues of the day, it is critical to go to God's Word
and see what HE says about those issues.  THE GOAL IS TO FIND MEN AND WOMEN
WHO WILL GOVERN IN
ACCORDANCE WITH THE WORD OF GOD.  THAT IS WHO YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR.

During the recent series of Presidential debates, especially in the last
one, both Senator Kerry and President Bush were questioned about the two
main spiritual issues our nation is currently facing, abortion and God's
Holy Institution of Marriage.  It is clear that Senator Kerry would continue
to support the Federal Government's involvement in the slaughter of millions
of innocent babies each year despite stating that he doesn't believe in the
practice of abortion.  Sadly, even though President Bush has taken a stand
for life during his administration, he is on record stating he will NOT seek
to overturn Roe -v- Wade which would take the Federal Government out of the
business of killing babies and make abortion an issue each state would have
to decide on.

On the issue of marriage, it is clear that Senator Kerry will not do
anything to stop the tidal wave of same sex marriages that make a mockery of
God's Holy Institution.  President Bush has taken a position on supporting a
Constitutional Amendment that will define marriage as a man and woman.
Sadly however, when posed with the simple question of whether homosexuality
was a choice, both men chose to duck the issue to not offend those who have
CHOSEN this sin.  The fact is, nobody is born 'gay," just like nobody is
born an adulterer, just like nobody is born a pedophile, just like nobody is
born to have sex with animals...they are sexual CHOICES people make!

With the Presidential elections only 2 weeks away, I contacted the offices
of Senator Kerry and President Bush since both men profess to be Christians.
I asked them if they
had their Christian testimony that I could share with our friends at
Liveprayer.com.  Despite repeated calls and communication with Senator
Kerry's office, they never responded other than at one point to say this was
not part of what they make available to the media.   However, we did receive
a response from President Bush.  If you are interested in reading what his
office sent, simply go to:  www.liveprayer.com/gwbtest.htm .

<Let me add here that I am aware that there are many others running for the
office of President like Ralph Nader and Michael Peroutka of the
Constitution Party.  Peroutka more than any other candidate takes a strong
stand for God and Biblical principles.  The reality is, due to the current
political system that is in place, the combined votes of all of these men
will not even become a blip on the radar screen.  They have absolutely no
chance under this current system to win.  They were not allowed to be part
of the debates and they won't even be on the ballot in all 50 states.  Of
course that is not right, but we have to deal with reality, and the reality
is under our current system there are only two men that have the chance to
become the next President.  For those who are led to vote for one of these
other candidates I can only counsel you to vote for the person you feel God
would want you to vote for.>

I love you and care about you very much.  You will be in my prayers.  As you
go throughout your daily lives, never forget the responsibilities we have to
be Godly citizens.  Again, the best way we can fulfill that responsibility
is by obeying the laws, exercising our responsibility to vote, and praying
for our leaders and nation each day.

I sense in my Spirit that the United States is losing many of the blessings
God has bestowed upon this nation these past 200+ years due to our sin and
rebellion.  We can read clear examples in the Bible of how God dealt with
the children of Israel when they disobeyed.  Even though they were God's
chosen people, He took the hand of blessing from them for their
disobedience.   I hear the trumpet sounding its warning my friend.  Lets us
turn from our sin before it is too late.  Being a Godly citizen is one way
we can make that happen.

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother  in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.