web-trans-coord-discuss

Re: [Web-trans] Collaborate

From: Praveen Kamat
Subject: Re: [Web-trans] Collaborate
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 13:56:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Camilo González Toledo <address@hidden>
wrote:
> I have visited your page and I would like to help
> you with translation tasks. I am spanish
> and I have a medium level in english and catalonian
> languages, and, of course, a high
> level in spanish language.
> I also have elementary knowledge of french and
> esperanto languages.
>
> I can give a few hours per week to do these tasks, I
> hope it is enough.
>
> Please give me more information.

Hi Camilo

Thanks for offering to help the Free Software
Foundation with translation work. We have several
teams working on translations which include spanish,
catalan, french, and esperanto. You can help with any
or all of these language translations. To get you
started here is a link to
<http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.translations.html
> which provides a guide to translating www.gnu.org
web pages along with a listing of the languages and
the translation team leads.

There is a Spanish translation
team,(http://www.gnu.org/spanish/) headed by Miguel
Abad Pérez.
The Catalan translation team is headed by Alex Muntada
<address@hidden>

You can directly contact the translation team lead for
any of the languages you wish to help with for
translations. Let me know if for any reason you are
not able to get in touch with the translation team
lead or do not hear from them.

Thanks
Praveen
GNU Translation Coordinator