web-trans-coord-discuss

[Web-trans] daily devotional (Tues. 10-26-2004)Liveprayer.com

From: prayermanager
Subject: [Web-trans] daily devotional (Tues. 10-26-2004)Liveprayer.com
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:37:13 -0400

If this devotional is a blessing to you, maybe you have a friend or
family member that would like to start receiving this daily word. You
can forward this to them, and they can use the following link to subscribe.
www.liveprayer.com/signup.htm

DAILY DEVOTIONAL    TUESDAY OCTOBER 26, 2004
(Genesis 2:15, 3:19, Proverbs 13:4, Genesis 1:27, Galatians:28)

***A CALL TO PRAYER!  In 2000, Liveprayer mobilized over 1.5 million people
to pray for the elections and that God would allow to rise to power men and
women who would follow His heart.  Over 3 million prayed and fasted 40 days
for our nation and its leaders earlier this year.  I am calling on everyone
who is part of the Liveprayer family to pray and fast as led during these
next two weeks that God will bring men and women into office who will uphold
Biblical standards as they lead our nation.  May we repent of our gross
wickedness, turn from our sins, and once again turn back to God before He
completely removes His hand of blessing from our land and we suffer His
wrath.

***SPECIAL ELECTION DEVOTIONALS!   Do not miss the re-air of a sobering
2-part Devotional, "The United States is no longer a Christian Nation" this
Saturday and Sunday, followed Monday by a powerful Devotional on
"Leadership, political versus spiritual," and finally next Tuesday with a
special "word" for our nation.

Men have failed to be the leaders God has called them to be.  I have no
doubt that this will be one of the more unpopular Devotionals I have ever
written, but it is a message that is long overdue.  I am always amused at
the feminists and liberal theologians that state the Bible is anti-woman and
that Paul was a male chauvinist.  Nobody that understands God's Word would
make such a foolish claim since nothing could be further from the truth.
The Bible is very much PRO woman and clearly teaches that God made men and
women 100% equal with separate roles to play.  Paul, in teaching equality
between men and women, was a pioneer for women's rights in a day when women
were viewed as little more than property.  One of the roles God has called
men to play is that of a leader, a role many men have failed to live up to.

Out of the rebellion in the 60's came the women's movement.  Satan is a
liar, and the lie he told to women was that they needed to be equal with
men.  But if you read and study God's Word, the TRUTH, you realize that
according to God a woman is already equal to a man.  Men and women are 100%
equal, they simply have different roles to play.  Sadly, women bought this
lie and for what little strides there may have been in regard to women
getting a few more dollars for their work, the long term consequences have
been disastrous for women, men, children, and to society as a whole.

Two generations later the results are men and women living totally outside
of the roles God intended for them to have, neither really being sure any
longer what those roles even are.  Let me be so bold to say that we now have
the largest percentage of 2 generations of men who are spineless, gutless,
confused, and lost.  They fail to lead in their marriage.  They fail to lead
in their homes.  They fail to lead in their careers.  They are not the
leaders God has called them to be, simply followers.  Worst of all, they are
not the priests of their homes, having  failed in this most important role
God has called them to play.

To fill the void left by men failing to perform their God-ordained roles,
women have had to take on roles God never intended them to have.  One of
those roles is a woman working outside of the home to provide for the
family.  The lie of the world is that women have to go out and work.  The
sad reality in the year 2004 is that many men expect their wives to work and
earn a certain amount of money.  Let me break this down for you men,  YOU,
NOT YOUR WIFE, ARE SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT YOUR FAMILY!  This is not demeaning
women or their abilities in any way.  It is not a matter of if a woman can
do the same job as a man, but the fact God never intended for them to do the
same job as a man!  God gave a woman the most important job of all and that
is raising your children in the admonition of the Lord.  No matter what else
you may do in your life, that is the number one job and ministry a woman
will ever have!!!

Listen, I am well aware of the argument that both spouses have to work.  The
reality is, economics have not changed since the days not that long ago when
most women did not work.  It is our desires for the things of this world
that have changed.  God's plan is for men to work and support their family
and women to raise the children with the help and support of their husbands.
If you don't have children, there is nothing wrong with working, but the
husband is still supposed to be the primary source of support in the home.
Obviously, single moms, single women, those whose husbands are unable to
work, are in special situations where you have no other choice but to work.
Know that God will give you the favor, strength, and ability to provide for
your family.

Women, let me give you a quick word of counsel.  This is why I share so
often that marriage is not something to enter into lightly.  Please don't
rush into marriage!  It is a lifetime commitment.  Heed God's warning about
being unequally yoked.  Take the time to build a spiritual foundation
together.  Make sure that the man you are praying about spending the rest of
your life with, is a man of God who is following God's Word and willing to
perform the roles God has called him to play.  Like I say so often, our way
doesn't work and only brings consequences, God's way works and brings
blessings.

The encouraging thing is everyday I get prayer requests from husbands and
wives that are restructuring their lives and finances so that the wife can
stay at home with the children.  There has been a big move in this direction
the past few years as women are going back to their natural, God-given roles
of being a mother and wife above everything else.  This is also forcing men
to perform their God-given role as the provider for their family.  For you
parents out there praying about doing this, let me encourage you that God
will give you the wisdom and favor to restructure your lives and finances so
that you can stay home with your children.  God will always honor us and
help us to follow His plan for our lives.

I love you and care about you so much.  I am praying today, especially for
the men out there that this will be a wake up call that God has called you
to be a leader.  You do not have the option of passing on this role God has
called you to play if you want to be the man He has raised you up to be.
God has called you to protect and provide for your family.  God has called
you to be the priest of your home and be the spiritual leader of your wife
and children.  I pray today that you will take these roles seriously and ask
God to help you fulfill them to the best of your ability.

The biggest problem we have in our world today is the breakdown of the
family.  It is God's foundation for society.  When the family works, society
works.  When the family breaks down, society breaks down.  We can see
clearly that the breakdown of our culture in 2004 can be directly tied to
the breakdown of the family.  There are many factors that have caused this,
but first and foremost it is a spiritual issue and the blame has to start
with men for failing to be the leaders God has called them to be.

MEN..NOW IS THE TIME TO RISE UP AND BE COUNTED.  NO LONGER
CAN  WE SIT BACK AND ALLOW THE WORLD TO DICTATE OUR ROLES, BUT WE MUST
BOLDLY FOLLOW GOD'S WORD AND HIS PLAN FOR OUR LIVES.  NOW MORE THAN EVER OUR
WIVES NEED US...NOW
MORE THAN EVER OUR CHILDREN NEED US....NOW MORE THAN EVER OUR NATION NEEDS
US....NOW MORE THAN EVER OUR LORD NEEDS US TO RISE UP AND BE THE MEN GOD HAS
CALLED US TO BE!  IT IS TIME FOR MEN TO LEAD!!!

There is a great hymn of the faith, "Rise Up O Men Of God."  Let me leave
you today with the last verse of that hymn and let it be YOUR song for today
and tomorrow!

"Lift high the cross of Christ!  Tread where His feet have trod.  As
brothers of the Son of Man, Rise up, O men of God!"

In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

If I can help you in any way you can contact me through my personal email
at address@hidden

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT!  Never miss receiving your Daily
Devotional again.  LPeMail is an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE!  Get your LPeMail account now at:
www.lpemail.com .

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer Daily Devotional is
now available via AUDIO each day.  Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html

©Copyright 2004, Bill Keller Ministries. All rights reserved

---
You are currently subscribed to dailydevotional as: address@hidden

address@hidden
The above is NOT a web site address. You must send an email to it.