web-trans-coord-discuss

Re: [Web-trans] Translation Coordination Status

From: GNU Chief Webmaster
Subject: Re: [Web-trans] Translation Coordination Status
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:50:34 -0600

Alex Muntada wrote:
* Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
  [2004-11-13 11:37:54 -0500]

RT is the program that maintains the tickets.  chief-webmaster
can explain RT to you; please ask him to do so.

If he says you need some sort of access permission in order
to use RT, write to sysadmin to ask for that.  Put "easy and
urgent, web translation coordinator needs RT access" in the
subject and cc me.

About RT: I was wondering if the web translation managers should
have direct access to webmaster's RT queue or should we have our
own queue. Thus, we could concentrate or translation issues and
requests but we could also move tickets to webmaster's queue, if
some help was needed.

List <address@hidden> would still be the first contact method
for the translators and we would bounce requests to RT.

If you think it's a Good Thing(tm) then I'll ask sysadmin to
setup the RT accounts for web translation managers (we're four
people right now).

It might not be a bad idea to have your own queue, otherwise it's hard to differentiate which tickets in "webmasters" are translation or not.

Derek

+  ,= ,-_-. =.    Derek Chen-Becker                             +
+ ((_/)o o(\_))   Chief Webmaster                               +
+  `-'(. .)`-'    http://www.gnu.org                            +

!DSPAM:4198a61f187284590712892!