weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [task #11884] Multiple xdcc downloads from same 'bot'

From: Agostino Sarubbo
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [task #11884] Multiple xdcc downloads from same 'bot'
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:45:22 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
                IRC nick: ago

Details:

It would be cool have a plugin that is able to download multiple files from
the same bot; let me explain better.

Most of irc bot, that contains file to download, allows one transfer at same
time and after it you can 'enqueue' another file.
So, if I would download more than 2 files, I'm unable to do it with an
'automatic' way.

That script, with a pseudo-code(bash) should do:

for i in 3 9 21 32 12; do
xdcc send #${i}
done

and should be easy to lauch a script with:
/script $bot 3 9 21 32 12

So, it starts to download #3 but it must start #9 only when #3 is finished.

In that manner this plugins should works well, but it could be writed to be
more advanced than what I said; let me explain

As I said, I'm able at same time to download one file and enqueue another
one.

So, if I launch /script $bot 3 9 21 32 12 the script can download #3 and
enqueque #9 . When #3 is finished, #9 will be downloaded and #21 should be
enqueued.

So, the problem is that every irc bot is configured differently.
There are a lot of configurations:
1)allow 1 transfer and 1 queue
2)allow 1 transfer and 0 queue
3)allow 2 transfer and 1 queue
3)allow 3 or more transfer and some queue
and so on

So, the script should be capable to know what the bot supports and act
accordingly.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?11884>

  Messaggio inviato con/da Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/