weechat-support

[Weechat-support] IRC to AIM bidirectional filtered relay?

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Weechat-support] IRC to AIM bidirectional filtered relay?
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:26:58 -0500

I'm wondering if anyone knows of software that implements this kind of
gateway/relay/bridge scheme (so I can just use it rather than write it
myself :-) or anything that achieves the same effect (receive selected
IRC messages via SMS, with the ability to reply):

IRC #chan <-> (Filter) <-> AIM user_chan_server <-> AIM user_chan_client <-> SMS

Where:

IRC #chan: IRC channel to relay

(Filter): User-programmable filter of what gets relayed, and how (e.g.
only messages with my nick, limit messages to X characters, limit rate
of messages etc.)

AIM user_chan_server: An AIM screen name set up specifically to relay
messages from IRC #chan to other AIM screen names; anything sent to
this screen name gets relayed to IRC #chan, and anything that is sent
to this screen name gets sent to user_chan_client

AIM user_chan_client: An AIM screen name set up specifically to
receive messages from user_chan_server and send them to SMS

SMS: The user's mobile device which can send and receive SMS messages

Also, do people think WeeChat would be a good platform to implement
this on? I'd want the messages to look like they are coming from a
user, not the bot; using WeeChat with an IRC bouncer like Bip this
looks like it would be possible.

IMHO it would probably make more sense to integrate this function with
an IRC Bouncer, but none of them I found supported Python plugins
(ctrlproxy is supposed to in 3.1, but that release may be a ways off.)

Thanks for any insights,
--
Daniel Clark # http://dclark.us # http://opensysadmin.com