weechat-support

[Weechat-support] RE: infolist demo plugin

From: Leon Bogaert
Subject: [Weechat-support] RE: infolist demo plugin
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:14:34 +0100

Thanks Sebastien! I'll look into the demo plugin. That would be very useful to
determine which information is in the infolist.

Leon

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:25:43 +0100
From: FlashCode <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Weechat-support] Weechat 0.2.7: infolist_get to return
        all     connected servers
To: address@hidden

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 04:42:29PM +0100, Leon Bogaert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to create a plugin for Weechat 0.2.7.
>
> For that I need a list of all connected servers. I've tried a lot of things
> like:
>   infolist = Weechat.infolist_get('irc_server', '', '')
>
> But all infolist contains is a string. Usually something like: 0xe51600
>
> Can somebody help me extracting the list of servers? 'Cause it's driving me
> nuts!
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Leon

Hi Leon,

In fact infolist_get returns a pointer to infolist. Then you have to
use other infolist functions to extract values for variables in
infolist.
You can look for example at this script, which read infolist with
buffers:
http://weechat.flashtux.org/dev/scripts/buffers.pl

For example you can do something like that in perl:

my $infolist = weechat::infolist_get("irc_server", "", "");
while (weechat::infolist_next($infolist))
{
    weechat::print("", "server name = "
        .weechat::infolist_string($infolist, "name");
}
weechat::infolist_free($infolist);

If you want to see content of infolist, you can use demo plugin (you
have to enable this plugin when compiling weechat, it's not compiled
by default). You can use this command to see infolist returned by IRC
plugin with list of servers:

/demo_infolist irc_server

I'm currently writing doc for new API ;)

--
Cordialement / Best regards
Sebastien.

Web: http://www.flashtux.org - email: address@hidden