weechat-support

Re: [Weechat-support] Problem connecting to irc.freenode.net - debian sq

From: Chris Jones
Subject: Re: [Weechat-support] Problem connecting to irc.freenode.net - debian squeeze
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:13:10 -0500

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:29:49AM EST, FlashCode wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 05:32:22PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
> > I'm ironing out some issues after an upgrade to debian testing - aka
> > "squeeze" and one of them affects weechat.
> >
> > I use the following command to start weechat:

> > $ weechat-curses
> > irc://address@hidden/#weechat,#debian,#elinks,#screen,#windowmaker,#mutt,#vim,#lilug,#cgdb,#tmux
> >

> Hi Chris,
>
> Syntax has changed in version 0.3.0.
> A '/' is missing, now you need two '//' before channels because a
> single '/' is used for server port.
>
> Try with following line:
>
> weechat-curses
> irc://address@hidden//#weechat,#debian,#elinks,#screen,#windowmaker,#mutt,#vim,#lilug,#cgdb,#tmux
>
> You can look at 'man weechat-curses' for syntax.

I think the new syntax is also described in the short help that you
access via:

$ weechat-curses -h

That's where I noticed the two slashes, and I remember thinking 'oh
goody.. _that's_ what the problem is'.

But that didn't make any difference.

Just in case, I'll give it another show when I get a chance to boot back
into the new system.

Thanks,

CJ