weechat-support

[Weechat-support] WeeChat's default theme

From: Marra Hemsedal
Subject: [Weechat-support] WeeChat's default theme
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 05:19:59 -0400

Hello!

Being a newcomer to WeeChat, I reacted sort of badly to its default theme.

It looks like Irssi's default theme, except it's been added a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles. A lot of pipe characters, square brackets, ASCII art, fancy colors, making it look like some teen gamer's Matrix fantasy rather than a simple, efficient, well-designed tool of communication.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there's nothing left to add, but when there's nothing left to take away." --http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Would someone perhaps, like to join me in creaeting the absolute simplest theme possible? Something like ircII from back in the day. Something that doesn't scream for our attention, but rather goes by unnoticed so we can focus actually communicating with others.

Marra
Brandlab.no