weechat-support

Re: [Weechat-support] Plugin Development

From: FlashCode
Subject: Re: [Weechat-support] Plugin Development
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 07:54:23 +0100

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 10:10:58PM -0600, Christopher Lemire wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm creating a weechat plugin using python. Looking at the WeeChat
> Scripting Guide, I found how pointers are converted to string type in
> python. I couldn't find how stucts are converted to python by the
> plugins API. Please help.
>
> Christopher Lemire <address@hidden>
> Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0
>
> Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE
> C69F 18B3 E13B 0909
>
> Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
> Jabber: address@hidden

Hi Christopher,

C structures are not converted to python (this is because the API is
the same for all scripting languages, so it's similar to C API).
You have to call API functions with pointers to get the info you want.

You can look at existing Python scripts as example.

--
Cordialement / Best regards
Sébastien.

web: flashtux.org / weechat.org      mail: address@hidden