weechat-support

[Weechat-support] Prevent WeeChat from overwriting its own configuration

From: Jérémie Roquet
Subject: [Weechat-support] Prevent WeeChat from overwriting its own configuration files
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 22:04:44 +0200

Hello everyone,

Everytime I start weechat, it overwrites its own configuration files
(~/.weechat/*.conf) and even re-generates the ones I've deleted there.

Which means I'm unable to start with a minimal configuration
(customized settings only for the few I fully understand and want to
differ from the default; “sane default” settings of the last release
of weechat for everything else).

Setting “weechat.look.save_config_on_exit” to “off” doesn't change
anything (which comes as expected, since the files are overwritten on
startup, not when exiting).

The workaround I'm currently using is a “chmod u-w ~/.weechat”, but
that doesn't seem right and is obviously inconvenient when I want to
edit my configuration (and I'd like to avoid depending on SELinux for
something as simple).

Is there any way to prevent this behavior? If there isn't any yet,
would a patch to add such feature have a chance to get merged in?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

--
Jérémie