wget-dev

wget2 | Fix build with OpenSSL enabled. (!539)

From: Collin Funk (@collinfunk)
Subject: wget2 | Fix build with OpenSSL enabled. (!539)
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 05:24:46 +0000

Collin Funk created a merge request:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/539

Project:Branches: collinfunk/wget2:fix-gnulib-openssl-symbols to
gnuwget/wget2:master
Author:   Collin Funk

Hello maintainer,

When building with `./configure --with-openssl` there is redefined symbol
warnings for all of the gnulib crypto modules. For the sake of not spamming,
here is an example of one:

/home/collin/.local/src/wget2/lib/sha512.c:104: multiple definition of
`sha512_read_ctx';
../lib/.libs/libgnu.a(libgnu_la-sha512-stream.o):/home/collin/.local/src/wget2/lib/gl_openssl.h:104:
 first defined here

This patch allows me to build again with this option. It seems that GNU Octave
had this problem. This patch is essentially stolen from them. :smile:

https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/8ee6422d1292

I believe this removes the [hash-name]_stream functions from gnulib but as far
as I can tell wget2 doesn't use them.

Let me know if you notice any problems with this change.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/merge_requests/539