wp-mirror-list

Re: [Wp-mirror-list] Wp-mirror-list post from address@hidden requires ap

From: wp mirror
Subject: Re: [Wp-mirror-list] Wp-mirror-list post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 15:50:11 -0500

Dear Matt,

Happy New Year. Thank you very much for the bug report.

Building a mirror of the `enwiki' is the most demanding case, and I do not recommend trying it first. It really is faster to first run the default case, make sure that it works (and report any bugs), and then build what you really want.

Please first try the default case which mirrors the `simplewiki' and `simplewiktionary'. This can be accomplished as follows:

(rootshell)# wp-mirror --restore-default
(rootshell)# wp-mirror --mirror

Please let me know if the reported error messages recur (the ones about `wpmirror.time' and `wpmirror.priority' missing). WP-MIRROR should be quite robust. Robustness is a design objective. If any tables are missing, they should be rebuilt the next time WP-MIRROR runs.

If you are comfortable with `mysql', it is also legitimate to drop the `wpmirror' database, as it will be rebuilt the next time WP-MIRROR runs. This can be accomplished as follows:

(shell)$ mysql --host=localhost --user=root --password
mysql> DROP DATABASE 'wpmirror';
mysql> QUIT;

And then restore-default as above.

1) enwiki

Once the default case is known to work, build the mirrors that you really want. This can be done as follows:

(rootshell)# wp-mirror --add enwiki
(rootshell)# wp-mirror --mirror

Sincerely Yours,
Kent