www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public

[Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable

From: Vivek Varghese Cherian
Subject: [Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Re: [gnu.org #351798] Unacceptable behavior of Malayalam coordinator and www-ml administrator
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:09:29 +0530

On Jan 12, 2008 3:06 PM, Yavor Doganov via RT <address@hidden> wrote:
Praveen wrote:

> This is exactly why I can't be a part of such an effort where smc
> does all the work and someone else take the credit. Credit and
> recognition for one's work is what motivates many in the Free
> Software community.

If you translate an article, your name will appear in the translation,
if you wish so.  This is regardless of how the translation was
reviewed and who installed it.  Even if the translator is not a member
of the translation team (as it happens sometimes -- occasional
contributors translate an article or two), it is entirely appropriate
to give credit.  So don't worry about this, we do not strip credits.

Thanks Yavor for clarifying this. This is exactly what I had told Praveen when i received his initial application to contribute to the GNU Malayalam Project.

Thanks+Regards,
--
VivekVC