Re: [Xlog-discussion] VP6/D Ducie Island is not on xLog

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] VP6/D Ducie Island is not on xLog
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:10:48 +0200

On Thursday 18 April 2002 20:05, Jaime Robles wrote:
> Hello all again!
> Just that... i have been looking to the 0.61 sources and i haven't Ducie...
> the new DX entity.

I would have to rewrite the code. The problems is that callsigns are not very
logical. Someone could operate from haiti and use SM0JHF/HI9. Another person,
operating from Mautitius is using 3B8/DL6UAA. I think the second one is
correct according to ITU standards and the first one is not. I never wrote
support for non-iTU callsigns, but I guess xlog needs it anyway. But
callsigns can be worse: FR0DZ/G is not from England, but from a tiny island
called Glorioso and a VP8 callsign can come from maybe 10 different
countries. So sometimes it is can be very hard to write code for this.

> I have also notice that it is called "Country" instead of Entity that is
> the official" name of "ham countries" ;-)

Well, if a ham radio operator says: I have worked a new country, we all know
he means 'entity'. But if you really want, I can change it...

> I have started with the "es.po" from the pot file... i hope to finish it
> tomorrow and i will apreciate if you tell me an email to send the file.

Yes, that would be nice.

> Thanks for the program!
> 73 de EA4TV

Regards,