[Xlog-discussion] logging with defaults (xlog-0.8beta1)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] logging with defaults (xlog-0.8beta1)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:05:13 +0100

Here is the first beta of the 0.8 series. You can now set defaults values
for some of the entries, by selecting settings->defaults.

The dialog can be seen at http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/defaults-dialog.png

Why is this useful?
- You might want to send '59914' 867 times, because you participate in the
  CQWW CW contest :)
- Personally, I like to keep the remarks field filled with the contest I
  participate in...
- You might always get 599 from a station because you have such a big
  antenna.
- You might want to override values retrieved from the rig with HAMLIB.
  This is handy if one of the rig commands is not supported.

For now, I have added defaults values for band, mode, rst, myrst, freefield1,
freefield2 and remarks.

Let us know what you think. The URL is:

  http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/xlog-0.8beta1.tar.gz

Regards,