[Xlog-discussion] Using cty.dat (xlog-0.8beta3)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Using cty.dat (xlog-0.8beta3)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:55:12 +0100

Just uploaded a new beta to:

  http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/xlog-0.8beta3.tar.gz

This version uses cty.dat for dxcc, zone, ITU, timezone and location
lookups, included is the latest countryfile as distributed by Jim, AD1C.
The old files dxcck2di.txt and dxcck2di.changes are not used anymore.

Because of this, a lot of TODO's were closed and problems with prefixes
before and after the callsign (LA/PA3ABA or PA3ABA/LA) are now fixed.

You can also add your own entries to xlog.dat, which should be in
/usr/local/share/xlog/dxcc. The file looks like this:

# Prefix list for xlog, date: November 25, 2002
#
# This is a space separated list of prefixes which you can use to enhance
# cty.dat. The first prefix is the unknown prefix, the second one is the
# prefix as used in cty.dat (last column). Any existing prefixes in cty.dat
# will be replaced. Comments and empty lines are allowed.

# baker island 2002
k1b kh1

# american samoa 2002
k8o kh8
k8t kh8

# ce9/r1anf 2002
ce9 vp8/h

I hope it is clear enough. If you find any problems, let me know.
Regards,

Joop PA4TU