[Xlog-discussion] Re: [Hamlib-developer] hamlib 1.1.4, xlog and an IC-73

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: [Hamlib-developer] hamlib 1.1.4, xlog and an IC-736
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 18:55:14 +0200

Stephane Fillod wrote:

actually, this would be something like this:

  rpc.rigd -m 320 -r /dev/rig -Crts_state=ON -s9600
  rigctl -r localhost -m 1901

Thanks,

My bad for not being clear at the first try.

I think I did understand what you need: the ability to perform a set_conf
(i.e. what is passed to the -C option) in xlog.
Joop, would it be possible to add a -C option to xlog on the command
line, or better, add a text field in the preferences window allowing
entry of comma separated parameters to be set with rig_set_conf?

It's good to be able to set several parameters, because some people will
need to change also their CI-V address (civaddress=0xZZ), or any of the
parameters you get with "rigctl -m xx -L" and that can vary from one
backend to another.

I think it is a good idea. Will put it in the TODO list for the
next release. Hopefully I can kick out a beta within the next
few weeks.

TLF will need also this feature in its config file. Hopefully I will
find time to send Rein a patch if nobody has already done it.

73
Stephane

Regards,
Joop