[Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9.4 released

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] xlog-0.9.4 released
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:34:37 +0200

I already have discovered a tiny bug in this release: when you print landscape, the header on the first page is omitted. So we will probably have a 0.9.5 version real soon which fixes this. Anyway, you should give this version a try and see if it works for you. I am especially interested if the printing output looks okay.

* libgnomeprint is now used for printing. This means we have more
  fontsizes to choose from and latex is not needed anymore.
* A check has been added for a valid log directory, so xlog doesn't
  crash. Reported by Andrea, IZ4FHT.
* When importing a trlog file, band is converted to frequency and date
  is converted to the format used by xlog.

From the INSTALL file:
3. You will need the libgnomeprint development files and headers. On my
   system this package is called libgnomeprint2.2-dev. Use version 2.4.0
   or higher.

From the MANUAL:
Printing can be done in 2 styles: landscape with 30 QSO's
per page and portrait with 50 QSO's per page. The loglines will be evenly distributed across the paper. You need to make sure the log fits the paperwidth by either selecting the correct font or style.

You will notice that the source package is about 8 times larger than usual. This is caused by a 'maps' directory which contains 269 png files converted from the CIA factbook (the only public domain maps I could find). These files will be used to display a map of the country worked in a future release of xlog. Here is the README.maps from that directory:
I could use some help with these. Most of these images are pretty boring
for hamradio operators. What we need is country borders, provinces and
prefixes drawn on a map.

As an example, I have added call districts to the australian map
(as-map.png). The obvious drawing tool for this is gimp, there are some good map references at: http://www.ac6v.com/opaids.htm#MAPS.

Regards,
Joop PG4I