[Xlog-discussion] Re: Xlog does not list radio

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Re: Xlog does not list radio
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:30:14 +0200

Op di 17-08-2004, om 13:25 schreef address@hidden:
> Can you help please. I compiled last version of Hamlib 1.2.0, went ok and
> can read and set my ft100 (all basic functions included). Then I installed
> Xlog, but ft100 was not on list of radios.
>
> Do I have to compile xlog in addition, the xlog installation was by means
> of apt-get. Xlog version 0.9 something.

Hello Olaf,

you can't simple assume that xlog is going to used the new library. Yes,
you need to uninstall the xlog and hamlib1 debian package and recompile
xlog with hamlib support. Instructions are in the INSTALL and README
file.

> Computer is an elderly Toshiba cds300 laptop running debian woody
> distribution.

I doubt that you can compile xlog on a debian/woody box. The GTK+
library on debian/woody is over one year old and since I have added some
of the latest GTK+ function, compilation will most probably fail.

> Any suggestions is welcome.

You could try installing Debian/testing, which will become the next
stable release in a few weeks. It contains the latest xlog and
hamlib-1.2.0.

> I note further that the ft100 library does not fully support the ft100, is
> listed as alpha version, is there any development on this library or do I
> have to fill in the missing details myself?

Please subscribe to the hamlib-developer mailing list and ask around
there. Details are on
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hamlib-developer

> Olaf Devik

Regards,